We are currently working with a well-known production company who are looking for an Accounts Assistant for an ongoing temporary contract (2/3 months initially).
Your responsibility will be around supporting the team during this busy period with an exciting and varied role. This will be a temporary assignment with the opportunity to be continuously extended.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
Banking, Petty Cash and Payments
- Main point of contact for Barclays bank
- Responsible for administration rights on BIB, open and close new bank accounts, arrange cashing facilities for productions, order foreign currency.
- Upload payments and BACS to Barclays online banking system.
- Send out remittances via email/post.
- Company credit cards – main point of contact, order new credit cards, post monthly statements on PMI, distribute statements to individuals for processing
- Arrange petty cash withdrawals from the cash office when requested by Production Accountants.
- Reconcile corporate petty cash tin, top up and post all cash expenses onto the system.
Purchase & Sales Ledger
- Correctly code, log, post and file purchase invoices for weekly payment runs.
- Scanning of all purchase invoices on to the finance system weekly
- Chase payment of sales invoices
- Produce weekly Debtors and Creditors reports to distribute to Finance Team.
- Opening and distributing the finance department’s post.
- Admin support for the finance teams including receiving all external phone calls, new starter forms, collating production cost reports and month end files, meeting notes, hand out manual PO pads, archiving.
- Other duties that may, from time to time, be required by the department.
- Some previous experience of working in finance
- Competent in maths having achieved a minimum qualification of GCSE grade A-B
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, including Word, Excel (intermediate level), and Outlook
- Good team player but with the willingness to take the necessary initiative to get the job done
- Appetite for knowledge and learning
- A sense of initiative and willingness to take on responsibility
- Proven organisational skills and good attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own with minimal supervision
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com