Working for a well-known and established retailer with a great reputation, this is a great opportunity to be part of growing finance team.
This position will report into the Accounts Payable Manager and maintain, input and verify supplier and customer accounts for both overheads and stock suppliers.
To be a suitable candidate you will ideally have gained Accounts Payable experience from within a retail or media business. You will need to have excellent communication skills and a recognised ability to build excellent working relationships with non-financial, creative individuals.
About the role
- Process general Overhead invoices
- Manage All Utility Supplier accounts – Gas, Electric, Water, Telephone etc.
- Assist in the implementation of the new Oracle accounting package and automated procurement system, completing user acceptance testing.
- Monthly petty cash balance sheet reconciliations.
- Raise any necessary debit notes for faulty stock and help manage warehouse returns/faulty stock by chasing supplier
- Liaise with suppliers for invoice copies, credit notes, refunds.
- Register invoices and credit notes.
- Post invoices to books once approved by authoriser.
- Produce monthly supplier statement reconciliations investigating and resolving any differences.
- Prepare weekly payment runs.
- Proven Purchase Ledger experience;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships with non-finance individuals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an adaptable approach and ability to understand other people’s points of view;
- Strong Excel skills, Oracle would also be an advantage.