A great opportunity has arisen within a leading music & entertainment practice. Working within a vibrant and busy environment, this position works with some leading bands and figures within the music industry. Your role will be to provide accounting support across their general business, supporting tours and liaise with all relevant stakeholders.
To be a suitable candidate you will have worked within a practice (Music/Entertainment focused would be an added bonus) and want to work within a fast paced business.This is a commercially focused role that will be varied and interesting.
- Processing invoices, expenses & credit cards including data entry onto a cloud accounting system
- Float and credit card reconciliations
- Royalty statement analysis
- Preparing supplier payments
- Raising sales invoices and chasing debtors
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Prepare tour accounts
- Responsibility for and review of junior staff-member work
- Liaise with suppliers, promoters, artists, Management Company, booking agents, crew and labels.
- Mitigation of foreign withholding taxes
- Other ad hoc finance and general administration duties where required
- Part qualified (AAT/ACCA or equivalent), ideally gained within a UK accounting practice;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships;
- Knowledge of the music or entertainment industries would be a distinct advantage;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Solid bookkeeping knowledge
- A good understanding of royalties would be an advantage;
- Good technical knowledge of tax; (preferred not essential)
- Great attention to detail, deadline orientated and able to work on multiple accounts at any one time.
To apply for this job email your details to Lizzie@saucerecruitment.com