An independent media group is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to assist the Management Accountants within the group.
This role will support accounting support to the Group Finance team and work alongside senior management.
To be a successful candidate you will ideally be studying towards AAT or ACCA or CIMA and have gained at least 2 years’ experience within a finance department. You will be keen to learn and have a genuine interest in building an accounting career within a Television/Media company.
• Dealing with all purchase invoices
• Ensuring all invoices are appropriately authorised
• Coding and posting of invoices/expenses into the purchase ledger
• Dealing with supplier queries and creating new supplier accounts
• Preparing payment runs
• Reconciling supplier accounts and keeping them up to date
• UK Sales invoices for production and international, including commissions and following through to collection.
• Posting nominal ledger journals
• Aged Debtors/Creditors reconciliations
• Collecting cash from Barclays (incl. petty cash and foreign exchange)
• Dealing with requests for petty cash and foreign exchange, including posting journals.
• Ensuring Financial and Internal controls are followed
• Assisting in the audit preparation
• Collating and printing the monthly Board Report
• At least 2 years’ experience working within a Finance department, ideally within TV or entertainment
• Responds efficiently to ranging queries from managers and freelancers proactively seeking to resolve
• Ability to effectively undertake research tasks, analyse data/information, report back and effectively and accurately write up findings.
• Adopts a pro-active, creative and imaginative approach to problem solving always looking for ways to improve process and procedure.
• levels of supervision to effectively carry out tasks
• Friendly, personable, positive approach
Only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com