Due to a fantastic year, this is a newly created role within this Music & Entertainment Accountancy Practice. Working within the Business Management team this position will assist the Manager, having responsibility for your own set of clients, supporting the development of junior team members and have the opportunity to grow within the business.
This company has some leading names and bands within the music and entertainment industries and continues to add new names to their enviable client list. Your role will be to provide accounting support across their general business, supporting tours and liaise with all relevant stakeholders.
To be a suitable candidate you will have recently qualified within a practice (Music/Entertainment focused would be an added bonus) and want to work within a fast paced business. You will need to be a confident individual who is able to adapt to your audience and not be star stuck by potential clients.
This is a commercially focused role that will be varied and interesting.
– Review the work of junior members of the team and provide training as required;
– Prepare & review Management & Year End accounts;
– Tour Accounting to include tour reconciliations, management commissions and other relevant reports;
– Prepare & review cash flow forecasts and make any tax provisions;
– Assist with any projects and ad hoc accounting as required;
– Review VAT and have thorough understanding of withholding tax requirements;
– Resolve any client accounting queries.
– Recently/Newly qualified (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), ideally gained within a UK accounting practice;
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships;
– Knowledge of the music or entertainment industries would be a distinct advantage;
– Advanced Excel skills;
– Solid bookkeeping knowledge
– A good understanding of royalties would be an advantage;
– Good technical knowledge of tax;
– Great attention to detail, deadline orientated and able to work on multiple accounts at any one time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com