This is a brand new role within one of largest visual effects and animation studios in the world. Due to continued success and consequent growth the decision has been made to add an additional member to the film team. Reporting into the Senior Production Accountant this position will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of film project budgets, billing and monthly reporting to the production teams across all film projects.
This is a great role for someone who already has some TV or Film production accounting experience and wants to work for a growing, award winning business. You will need to have great communication and interpersonal skills, easily being able to build strong working relationships.
- Prepare and maintain rolling budgets for film projects, calculating profit when the project ends;
- Run scenarios of each budget and update when required;
- Maintain forecast of outsourcing requirements;
- Prepare costings for any project extensions;
- Manage billings on each projects in accordance to contract schedule and ensure all recharges are accounted for;
- Reconcile billed amount to total recognised revenue per project;
- Prepare the payroll allocation per project of all film staff for month end;
- Raise POs for Producer sign off;
- Prepare reports required by producers and for year-end audit purposes.
- Previous experience of TV or Film Production accounting is essential;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with creative individuals and build strong working relationships;
- Strong analysis and Excel skills;
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet and exceed tight/fluctuating deadlines, always providing accuracy;
- Positive, ‘can-do’ working attitude, highly motivated and adaptable in your approach;
- Strong team player;
- Able to take responsibility and ownership of your workload.