An opportunity has arisen within a market leading Entertainment organisation for an experienced Business/Finance/Data Analyst to support the Senior Business Systems Analyst.
The company is an internally renowned TV producer and distributor with offices all over the world. Known for producing and selling award content produced inhouse and by third parties.
This role works within the division responsible for the sales and exploitation TV programmes, formats and ancillary deals to global broadcasters. Your role will support the complex system responsible for managing the rights, sales and associated finance/royalties of each format.
You will bridge the gap between IT & the end users (Sales & Finance) to ensure optimisation and efficiency of the system, ensuring all deals are realised. You will ideally have a good understanding of finance and be a systems whizz, being very comfortable with SQL. You will also have confident communication skills and there will be extensive interaction with multiple stakeholders.
– Design, build and deliver business insight to allow the sales team to increase volume of deals;
– Work with finance to resolve issue that prevent the realisation of revenue;
– Work with the IT teams to conduct root cause analysis to prevent issues occurring in the first place;
– Read, write and execute SQL code to generate bespoke reports;
– Conduct deep dives into large volumes of data to identify and resolve any issues;
– Challenge the status quo to ensure efficiencies and value add to the business.
– Proven data mining/data analysis skills, able to execute SQL;
– Strong Excel experience;
– Analytical skills with the ability to conduct deep dives;
– Great attention to detail, able to work to tight deadlines and timescales;
– Good understanding of financial processes including double entry bookkeeping;
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge and influence others;
– Good team player but self sufficient and highly motivated;
– Knowledge of SAP or similar systems;
– Able to create and present business insight that will add value to the business;
– Exposure to data visualisation tools (business objects, tableau etc)
– Experience of working within the entertainment or media industry would be an advantage.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org