This is a newly created position due to continued growth of this well-known Broadcaster. Sat within the business this is a highly commercial role partnering with senior management of various channels and divisions supporting business decisions through financial and analytical support.
To be suitable for the position you will be recently qualified and ideally have gained your commercial accounting experience within the media industry or similar. You will be a confident communicator being able to challenge and influence others with credibility and assurance. You will need to have the ability to adapt your style to your audience and be very comfortable at dealing with creative, non financially minded individuals.
This role will constantly evolve and will have the opportunity to grow with the business as they are currently experience a positive period of change.
- Provide support and analysis to the business on strategic and operational business decisions;
- Work closely with the business regarding any financial matters; advising, directing, interpreting to non financial individuals;
- Advise on competitor activity and market trends;
- Involved in incremental revenue initiatives – appraising commercially, financially and operationally; challenging and support key stakeholders in driving new revenue ideas from inception to implementation (financial ROI plans, controls, reporting);
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, promoting ownership to department managers through education, training and partnering;
- Review the monthly management and financial accounts that have been compiled by the SSC, providing relevant commentary and ensuring timely submission;
- Monitor, develop and interpret KPIs for your business units;
- Review and challenge financial results and communicate issues, risks, opportunities and trends.
- Newly/Recently qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent);
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive working relationships, being comfortable with challenging and influencing peers at all levels;
- Excellent Excel skills with the working knowledge of pivot tables, macros, V-Look Ups, and the ability to manipulate data;
- Very commercially astute with proven analytical skills;
- Proven business partnering experience gained within a media (or similar) company;
- Self motivated, charismatic and able to think on your feet;
- Logical, analytically minded and able to work to multiple deadlines and under pressure;
- Good team player with the ability to operate within multi-disciplinary teams including creative
- Adaptable, flexible and happy to work within a dynamic and evolving environment.