My client, a world leading publishing talent agency is looking for a Client Accounts Assistant to join the client accounts team. This position will be liaising with the talent and theatre, film and TV department and reporting straight to the Finance Director.
They will need someone with excellent communication skills who is well organised and enjoys working with numbers. The person in this post will be interacting with all the departments and agents
- Daily processing of royalty and advance payments through the company’s bespoke Client Accounting package.
- Using online banking to access bank accounts, assess incoming payments, transferring amounts between accounts as necessary and then inputting the payments into the accounting package ready for weekly payment runs.
- Dealing with clients’ queries via phone and email in a clear and professional manner.
- Keeping the list of unallocated incoming payments as low as possible by chasing up clients and other agencies for outstanding paperwork.
- Assisting clients with tax exemption/reduction for Translation Rights territories.
- Liaising with clients and agents regarding tax forms, preparing tax forms and sending these on to clients.
- Royalty processing and administration – responsibility for collating incoming royalty statements, checking if tax reduction/exemption forms are necessary and entering data to company database as directed.
- Other ad-hoc, administrative duties as directed.
- Degree educated with 2.1 or above
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar Finance role, preferable gained within an agency, or publishing house.
- An interest in theatre, film and TV would be desirable
- Good team player but also happy to work unsupervised
- Strong administrative and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills – confidence in dealing with high-profile external clients
- An interest in literacy would be desired.