A contemporary arts company is looking for a Finance Manager to join their thriving company. Reporting into the Finance Director this person will take responsibility for the day to day finances of the business ensuring all accounts are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Due to the nature of the business, the role requires a highly personable and adaptable individual who is comfortable communicating and building relationships with all levels of people. This is a fast paced and ever changing environment you will be able to think on your feet and be willing to turn your hand to anything.
- Manage, train and develop a junior member of staff
- Preparation and presentation of real time management accounts
- Preparation of management reporting analysis
- Maintenance of fixed assets and inventory register
- Reconciliation of financial records to gallery artwork database
- Management of bank accounts and bank relationships
- Oversee the management of the purchase and expenses ledger through to payment
- Filing of UK VAT return Filing of US sales tax returns
- Raising of sales invoices and liaise with the sales staff regarding debtor management
- Accounting for artists amounts due
- Liaison with external payroll provider
- Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Solid accounting experience within an SME, comfortable preparing full sets of management accounts
- Good communicator who gets on well with people, with the confidence to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Hands-on, energetic, proactive, self-starter with a strong customer focus;
- Well mannered, proactive, conscientious and able to adapt your approach
- Able to deal with fast pace changes with the ability to meet and exceed deadlines
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org