Are you looking to work for a major player within the media industry?
Did you gain your qualification within practice within the last 5 years and have proven team management experience?
Are you technically strong in accounting, confident, outgoing and want to be rewarded for your input?
This could then be the role you’ve been looking for….
This is a great opportunity for someone with post qualified experience in industry to join a market leader within media & entertainment.
Working with the central finance team this position leads a small but strong team who produce the financial accounts for the UK entities. The role needs someone who is confident in managing a team that is a mix of qualified and part qualified individuals.
This is a busy role that has lots of interaction around the business.
To be successful you will need to be fully qualified, ideally qualifying in practice and have managed a small team in industry. You will need to have a love of the media industry, be calm under pressure, confident to manage, challenge and influence others. You will be ambitious but appreciate the need to roll your sleeves up and other opportunities to be involved in projects will open up to you.
- Manage a team of 4 people, to include performance reviews, coaching, training, development whilst ensuring deadlines are met;
- Prepare, review and distribute the monthly and quarterly reporting pack;
- Assist the HoF to set the annual plan for the team;
- Manage the month end process;
- Identify and implement process improvements, controls and procedures;
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed;
- Oversee and ensure the smooth running of the year end, including the audit process;
- Manage the Monthly/quarterly inter-company reconciliations and reporting;
- Responsible for Internal control reporting;
- Fully qualified with PQE experience (ideally ACA/ACCA or equivalent);
- Ideally qualified within practice, with strong technical accounting experience;
- Proven team management skills
- Strong background in accounting, particularly in IFRS
- Organised, highly accurate and great attention to detail
- Self-motivated, taking the initiative and driving tasks/ projects through to completion
- Logical and solution orientated, proactive and able to take ownership and work on own initiative
- Highly confident, very personable and enthusiastic team player
- Strong communicator, excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong analytical and process-oriented mind
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP is highly desirable • background in accounting system controls is highly desirable
- A genuine interest to work within the media industry
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com