Great opportunity to work for a major international player within the television and entertainment industry! The business has been responsible for bringing some great programmes to our screens and continues to produce award winning shows. Working within the London office of this truly global company this role will be responsible for the UK entities, ensuring the accounts are submitted to group in an efficient and timely manner. This role is a great blend of supporting the business alongside operational finance.
To be a suitable candidate you will need to be fully qualified with a couple of years post qualified experience. You will have a keen interest in the TV/Media and have a driven and confident manner about you.
You will work closely with a number of TV production companies so will have an approachable and adaptable manner, being able to easily interact with others and build excellent working relationships.
Ideally you will have qualified within a practice but a solid relevant background will be considered.
An exciting and interesting role within a well known and established media giant!!
The role will include:
– Manage, train and develop a small and growing team;
– Overall responsibility for the balance sheet for all UK entities, ensuring they are prepared to US/UK GAAP standards;
– Preparation of statutory accounts for the UK entities;
– Responsible for Tax submissions and all tax accounting matters;
– Monthly review of the cash flow forecasting;
– Ensure a thorough overview of the production activities and slate accounting processes;
– Monitor the Tax Credits, ensuring they are in accordance to the Production contracts;
– Review the royalty and participation accruals;
– Oversee and review the intercompany accounting
– Oversee the cash processes and treasury management;
– Support optimisation of accounting systems;
– Support the business units with financial advice;
– Coordinate the fixed assets and capex process.
– Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with PQE;
– Strong academics, including a university degree;
– Advanced Excel;
– Experience gained within a media company or a desire to work within the industry;
– Experience gained within an accounting practice would be beneficial (audit exposure);
– Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
– Strong technical accounting skills;
– Great team player, approachable and highly motivated.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com