**Newly Created Role**
Are you an experienced accountant within a TV production company who is looking for the next step in their career?
Due to yet another highly successful year for this thriving and rapidly growing TV production company there is now a requirement for an industry experienced finance individual to join their busy and friendly team as the Finance Manager.
Reporting into the Financial Controller this role will manage a small team and have involvement with the finances for the productions as well as the corporate entities. You will work closely with a number of non-financial colleagues, including the production teams, and will therefore possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to easily build strong working relationships with others.
To be a successful candidate you will at finalist stages or recently qualified and have a strong financial background gained within the Television industry, or similar. and have a genuine interest to continue your career within the sector.
– Manage and oversee the work for 3, including team reviews and individual goal setting;
– Preparation of the management accounts;
– Involvement with annual budgeting and forecasting, re forecasting bi-annually;
– Analysis of actual against forecast, providing detailed commentary;
– Weekly cash flow forecasting including analysis of risk;
– Maintain the fixed assets and the overhead accruals and prepayment schedule;
– Support the monthly payroll and the annual P11d & PSA submissions;
– Review the ledgers and cash books for sign off and payment runs;
– Liaise internally regarding production agreements to ensure timely billing and contractual production deliverables are fulfilled;
– Preparation of monthly & quarterly VAT returns;
– Finalist/Recently Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent);
– Relevant experience ideally gained within a TV company or similar;
– Experience of working within a multi-currency environment;
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
– Experience of working within Factual/entertainment would be highly beneficial;
– Hands on, ‘can-do’ attitude with excellent attention to detail;
– Strong Excel skills with the ability to perform sum-ifs, VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables;
– Highly motivated and ability to meet & exceed deadlines in a busy environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org