An opportunity has arisen to join a small independent Television Production company to manage their finance team. Managing a junior member of staff you will have full responsibility for all aspects the company accounts whilst also overseeing the production budgets.
The company produces a variety of entertainment and documentary programmes for major UK broadcasters, having received a number of awards over the years.
They are now looking for an experienced FC to join their fun, vibrant and dedicated team. To be suitable you will be a fully qualified accountant and have ideally gained experience within a TV or Film company.
- Manage and train a small but growing team;
- Prepare & submit the budgets and work with the COO to submit the long term strategy plans and forecasts/reforecasts;
- Prepare the month management accounts;
- Cash flow management
- Stakeholder relationship management including the banks, auditors and parent company;
- Partner key management individuals, providing financial support to make strategic business decisions;
- Monthly analysis of production accounts, ensuring they remain within budgets;
- Prepare the monthly payroll, working with the external payroll provider;
- Continuous process and systems improvements, ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Monthly analysis of overheads;
- Royalty reporting;
- Ad hoc analysis & other projects.
- Fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA with at least three years post qualified experience;
- Solid accounts experience and ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Experience in TV production preferred;
- Experience with Octopus PMI ideal;
- Good knowledge of Excel;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Good communication skills and confidence to interact with both financial and non-financial people.