Brand new role working for a Media Start-Up that provides immersive entertainment and immersive advertising/branding! This highly entrepreneurial business is rapidly growing with their first venture in the UK and international expansion planned moving forward. With funding in place the CFO is looking to bring onboard an FC who will grow with the business. Ideally you will have qualified 2-4 years ago within an accounting practice and have been working within industry (a media company would be ideal).
Due to the huge forecasted growth of this business the company is looking for an individual who has the ability to roll their sleeves up, being across all aspects of finance but has the capability to grow and evolve with the business.
This is an exciting time to join, where you can have a real effect and add value with the knowledge that you have a real career opportunity in place that is yours for the taking – should you prove yourself!
You will need to have the adaptability to work within creative individuals, be able to credible challenge senior management whilst also driving the business and managing/evolving a team.
- Manage a growing finance team, providing leadership, guidance and training;
- Ensure timely completion of audited financial results and associated filings
- Preparation and review of all monthly reports and statutory returns to the HM Revenue and Customs such as VAT and CIS
- Preparation of the annual statutory reports, ensuring compliance with relevant company legislation and liaison with the Company’s auditors
- Prepare the consolidations for both group and statutory reporting
- Refine processes and controls to ensure the address any financial concerns, are best in class, and ensures the business remains fully compliant
- Review and develop effective finance policies
- Provide strategic input into the company spend, advising on cash flow and restrictions
- Review the cash flow forecasts, and authorise the payment of suppliers and other costs
- Co-ordination of all staff benefits including analysis of taxable and non-taxable benefits for staff, completion of P11D’s and other HM Revenue and Customs reports
- Manage the external audit liaising with the Audit and tax managers where appropriate
- Fully qualified accountant from an accountancy practice (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), with 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Strong technical background ideally gained within a media/creative company
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Methodical and logical approach, with a motivated, enthusiastic approach
- Able to work within a highly entrepreneurial and high energy start up
- Experience of managing and motivating a small team;
- Strong work ethic, with a “lead from the front” mentality
- Self starter, with the ability to work independently, whilst also contributing to the overall success of the Finance function
- Ability to communicate with confidence and authority, at all levels.
- Good knowledge of management and financial accounting with the capability of designing and producing timely, accurate management reports and financial statements
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
Please note that due to Covid-19 that this role has been temporarily placed on hold. We are still accepting applications but the recruitment process (including pre-screening & interviews) will only recommence once normal/office based work activity has resumed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org