A globally renowned Entertainment company is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join their Group Accounting function. This company is a leading force within the television industry and is been responsible for producing award winning content and has a global presence!
Reporting into the Finance Director the FC manage a small team of Qual/Part Qual accountants and accounts assistants who are responsible for producing the management and statutory accounts, budgets and forecasts across broad range of entities (Head Office & Subsidiary).
The position requires a technically strong individual who has a passion for the media/entertainment industry and has a proven background in managing and developing finance teams. You will need to have a proven background in technical/statutory accounting along side an established track record and understanding of management accounting.
This role is initially for a 12 month period as will be covering a maternity leave.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- Managing a small finance team that includes Accounts Assistants through to Qualified accountants, being responsible for their performance, growth and development;
- Lead and drive the annual budget and reforecasting process; managing the liaison with the relevant management teams;
- Support the Senior Management teams with any relevant projects and financial business partnering for the Head Office entities;
- Ensure the month end accounts are produced in a timely manner and review for submission;
- Manage the year end accounting process, including the external audit and all statutory filing requirements;
- Oversee the preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists for entities and submitting the group quarterly VAT return;
- Review the Group Monthly Payroll for Head Office and operating company payrolls;
- Oversee the calculation and preparation of management fees and recharges to Group subsidiary companies;
- Review bi-weekly cash forecasts;
- Review quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
The person should possess the following:
- Fully qualified accountant, ideally ACA or ACCA/CIMA will be considered, with at least 5 years PQE;
- Experience of managing and mentoring an driven and ambitious finance team;
- Solid technical skills with a sound working knowledge of IFRS
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge and influence others and drive change;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Confident communication and presentation skills;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and able the ability to be flexible in your approach;
- Methodical, organised and self-motivated approach;
- A genuine interest to work within a growing media company with multiple entities;
- Able to meet and exceed deadlines, manage a changeable workload.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com