This is a newly created role within a Bafta winning Indie TV production company. Reporting into the MD and the Group FD this role will manage the day to day responsibilities of the company and oversee the production finance. You will partner the senior management team to manage their budgets, aid business planning and ensure timely reporting to group. You will also support the Group FD in other projects, supporting smaller companies as required.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to work within a thriving media company and is looking for a role that his heavily partnering the business but also has an element of technical accounting.
To be suitable you will need to be a qualified accountant who has ideally worked within a TV or similar company.
The Financial Controller role will involve the following duties:
- Partner the Senior Management Team providing financial support and advice; highlighting any opportunities or areas of concern;
- Responsible for the management and budget reporting and submitting accounts to group;
- Responsible for leading a small team including Production Accountants;
- Lead Production Review meetings with MDs & Production Managers;
- Prepare financial information for all legal entities, ensuring compliance with legal obligations;
- Prepare & review distribution statements;
- Prepare VAT Returns and corporate tax requirements;
- Plan and manage the annual audit process;
- Involvement in any ad hoc projects.
To be a suitable candidate you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) and educated to degree level;
- Be a confident self-starter with the ability to operate in a fast paced environment;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influential skills;
- Proven experience of managing, motivating and developing small teams;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Hands on, highly motivated and resilient, being able to work under pressure to tight deadlines;
- Previous experience of working within a TV, Entertainment or Media company would be highly beneficial;
- Able to drive change, logical and able to challenge to norm.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to take responsibility and ownership for their work. It will have a huge influence on commercial matters whilst managing the day to day finances.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org