Fantastic opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to work for an Independent Television Production company. The business is highly successful on an international basis, with offices in both the UK & US, and produces a variety of genres of programmes, predominantly within Entertainment and Factual.
The position is all round and will liaise with the various offices, the parent company and be a blend of technical and commercial accounting.
The successful candidate will have recently qualified within practice or within the Television or Media industry. You will be a hard working, down to earth individual and want to work within a dynamic, creative business.
- Preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets;
- Prepare and review the consolidated monthly management accounts, analysing against actual, budget and forecast;
- Prepare cost reports for Key productions and development projects;
- Consolidation of the group company accounts (management accounts, budgets, forecasts) for group reporting schedules for submission to the parent company;
- Liaise with management regarding current and potential commissions to input into the budget and forecast;
- Monitor the company cashflow, reviewing both the UK and US bank balances;
- Prepare cost and cashflow reports;
- Assist in the management of the Finance team;
- Responsible for quarterly royalty reporting to 3rd Parties;
- Prepare year end audit packs for each UK & US business;
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements and tax packs for UK Entities and assist in producing relevant data for US filing;
- Analysis of financial information for projects and ad hoc requirements.
- Fully/Newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent);
- Experience ideally gained within Media or entertainment company;
- Excellent communication, with the ability to build excellent working relationships, gain confidence in others and influence decisions;
- Solid technical accounting skill]s, consolidations experience would be highly beneficial;
- Hands on, proactive and a self starter with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent Excel skills including V-LookUps and Pivot Tables.
- Working Knowledge of PMI is highly desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org