A great opportunity has arisen within an independent media group for a Head of Finance to join the management team. The position will manage a small team and be responsible for all aspects of the finances, meaning you will be strong in both controllership and commercial accounting.
The business has interests in production, publishing, digital and branding and has a truly creative feel to the business. You will work closely with the senior management supporting business decisions and providing reports, whilst ensuring all statutory requirements are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
Due to the business being of an entrepreneurial nature the candidate would ideally come from a media background and have an approachable and adaptable nature. You will be highly personable and able to influence and challenge creative individuals ensuring their creative flair is not quashed and that the interests of the business is upheld in equal measures.
• Manage, motivate and enhance a small but growing team;
• Prepare and present detailed financial reports for the senior management team;
• Responsible for business planning and strategy, providing proactive advice on commercial issues;
• Prepare the annual budget, cash/revenue forecast, and capital expenditure budget;
• Prepare statutory and consolidated accounts;
• Oversee the tax affairs (Corporation, VAT, PAYE etc), liaising with external advisors;
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and business forecasts;
• Work with department heads and key stakeholders providing financial analysis and advice including KPIs;
• Analyse and review the P&L and balance sheet, ensuring all anomalies are investigated;
• Continuous process and system improvements;
• Provide guidance on foreign currency budgeting and transfer pricing;
• Manage the company procurement and support HR activities.
• Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with several years PQE;
• Previous team management skills, with the ability to train and develop junior members of staff whilst keeping qualified people engaged and motivated;
• Proven experience of running the month end process and producing insightful management reports;
• Experience of multi-currency and multi-company environment would be an advantage;
• Advanced Excel skills;
• Commercially astute;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record in stakeholder management;
• Highly motivated, attention to detail, and deadline orientated;
• Customer focused;
• Able to challenge processes and drive improvements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org