A fantastic newly created role within a rapidly growing independent TV Production company for an experienced Head of Finance. Having recently experienced huge success within scripted content and with a healthy outlook and a number of significant programmes on the horizon there is now a need to hire a senior manager specifically for their drama companies.
This position has great potential for the future! Reporting into the FD you will have full responsibility for this division and as you will be working with some very well respected people within the business there is great confidence in the huge growth potential. You will work across all drama/scripted organisations, partnering the exec teams to ensure performance is in line with their business plans and targets, whilst ensuring the productions are delivered within budget.
To be a suitable candidate you need to be fully qualified and be comfortable working within a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment across multi-locations and have a solid background in scripted content.
- Partner senior management with business plans, ensuring performance is in line with these;
- Prepare and review budgets, reforecasts and monthly rolling forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities;
- Review and monitor production budgets and ensure they are delivered within the budgeted margins;
- Work closely with multi-site executive and production teams, to ensure successful delivery of financials;
- Ensure the financial structuring of each production is understood to include tax credits and cash flows;
- Work with financial advisors on production financing requirements and tax credits and take lead in recovery;
- Manage any FX exposures and cash requirements;
- Set up process to be applied to ach production, identify the correct Production Accountant and then work with them to ensure everything is in place throughout the production;
- Responsible for the presentation of the management accounts and quarterly balance sheet reviews for the scripted division.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) with at least 5 years PQE;
- Solid background and knowledge of drama/scripted TV productions;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present to management, summarising as required;
- Solid accounting experience, ideally gained within a fast growing and entrepreneurial environment;
- Advanced Excel and strong systems, PMI exposure would be an advantage;
- Proven track records in production cost control for scripted dramas and tax credit applications;
- Driven, proactive and able to make things happen to ensure completion of projects;
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder and projects, prioritising and able to manage expectations;
- Team management experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org