An opportunity has arisen for a technically strong Head of Finance to join a major player within the Television and Entertainment industry. This is a global powerhouse with a Head Office based in London and has an international network of companies and offices.
Reporting into the Finance Director this is a pivotal role within the Central Finance Department and is responsible for managing 3 teams to ensure the Financial & Statutory Accounts are fully completed for the UK entities.
With 3 direct reports you will oversee the Financial Accounts, Treasury & Cash Management and the Accounts Payable teams. The role therefore requires an individual who is a strong people manager who can drive and mentor others, knowing when to delegate and when to roll their sleeves up and help the team.
You will need to have experience of operating at a higher level and be able to manage the expectation of multiple stakeholders as well as have a strong relationship with the parent company.
The role will have continuous involvement in multiple system and process improvement projects and will be comfortable at driving and implementing change.
This is a fantastic role for an individual who has ideally qualified in practice and possesses extensive PQE and wants to work withing a thriving and dynamic media organisation.
- Line Manage 3 direct and 10 indirect reports, ensuring they are fully developed, motivated and managed; recruiting, reviewing performance, coaching and guaranteeing personal objectives are achieved;
- Review the VAT returns, balance sheet recs/analytics, quarterly financial reporting (including C packs), intercompany reports, monthly hedging that have been prepared by your team;
- Ensure reporting packs for the parent company are compiled on time and work with the teams to ensure planning and timeframes are in place;
- Oversee the preparation of the statutory accounts and VAT returns;
- Key advisor to financial systems reviews and projects involving the general ledger, cash & AP teams, ensuring they are exploited to full potential;
- Ensure new accounting policies are documented, implemented and are in line with Global Group & Statutory standards;
- Oversee and approve the funding and investment activities of the UK entities; to include cash positions, monitoring non-pooled cash funds, and reviewing hedging positions
- Actively review the FX results for the UK and ensure exposure is minimised;
- Manage the relationship with the external auditors;
- Work with your reporting managers to ensure strategy and control are in place, tested correctly and are being used and adhered by the UK entities;
- Ensure the teams are continuously driven forward in an innovative manner through involvement;
- With the AP Manager review the creditor positions;
The suitable candidate requires:
- Fully qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA or equivalent having gained their qualification within a reputable accountancy practice;
- Strong technical accounting exposure including IFRS gained within a mid sized organisation, ideally within the media (or related) industry;
- Solid/proven team management skills with the ability to lead, train, motivate, challenge others; delegating as required;
- Strong stakeholder management skills, being able to drive and influence change;
- Highly motivated, able to take initiative, proactive and solutions orientated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong academic background;
- Advanced Excel skills, SAP would be desirable;
- Experience of complex consolidations and inter-company transactions and is used to working in a controls-based environment;
- Proven track record in a similar role.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com