This is a great role for a recently qualified ACA looking to work within a thriving TV Production and distribution group. Working within the groups head office, this role is part of the group finance team and will report into the Internal Audit & Compliance Manager. This role will be responsible for a wide range of financial control assignments and consolidation of risks and issues across the group, including multiple operating companies.
The group is continuing to grow and has continued expansion plans. The operating companies have been responsible for bringing some of the UK’s most loved television programmes to out screens across a number of genres. This position will require onsite visits to the operating companies but many are local to London, you may be required to travel overseas once or twice a year.
This is a great role and an absolutely fantastic company to join. They are a firm believer in promoting their talent.
- Assist with the on-going programme of internal audits across the group;
- Own the audit planning and risk coverage process;
- Create audit programmes to effectively test the controls environment, focusing on balance sheet reviews & cost audits;
- Plan and deliver end to end audits across production, financial and compliance areas;
- Consolidate and produce detailed reports of the outcome of the internal audit reviews, providing value add recommendations;
- Analyse and conclude the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and controls;
- Track audit recommendations to ensure implementation is achieved against targets and remediation is effective;
- Track changes required within the policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance across the group;
- Review the quarterly balance sheets for the Group’s operating companies; consolidate and detail the outcome, tracking feedback & improvement points.
- ACA qualified Accountant, having trained within an Accountancy practice, ideally Big 4;
- Strong (internal) audit and controls testing background, ideally with exposure to the media industry;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Established experience within the TV/Media would be preferable, but the want to work within the industry is a must;
- Strong attention to detail, speed, and accuracy is essential;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Hands-on, proactive self starter who is deadline driven;
- GL/TB experience desirable;
- Comfortable at presenting to senior management and stakeholders.