Due to a fantastic year, this is a newly created role within this Music & Entertainment Accountancy Practice.
As a junior Accountant you will be working on a range of clients with a predominant focus on music clients. In addition to musicians and bands, the team works on behalf of record labels, artist management companies, publishers and even some charities.
The ideal candidate will need to have an accounting or bookkeeping background with the ability to prepare VAT returns.
Key Responsibilities for the Junior Accountant:
• Cash book analysis
• Raise sales invoices relating to various live performances, recording advances & recharges
• Credit control
• Input of all purchase & sales invoices
• Monthly cash flows on Excel
• Management commission calculations
• Expense analysis
• Journal entries
• Prepare bank & credit card account applications
• Prepare VAT returns for an average of 5 clients per month
• Prepare accounts to trial balance (accruals, prepayments, depreciation)
• Royalty statement analysis
• Tour accounting for UK & Worldwide tours
• Qualified or studying towards AAT or ACCA
• Must have 1-2 years of Bookkeeping experience in a UK accountancy practice firm
• Experience of an accounting system such as Xero, Sage, Quickbooks or, ideally, Twinfield
• Previous experience with media clients would be preferable
Only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com