We are currently working with a very reputable publishing company who are looking for a Management Accountant for a 6 month fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent after. This role is very exciting and varied, so it would suit someone who is looking to progress their knowledge base and skill set.
Your main responsibility will be to provide the Finance Director and relevant personal accurate records to shape business decisions. You will have experience of production of monthly management accounts.
The role would ideally suit someone who is an aspiring accountant as the role will provide them new and exciting projects that will increase their knowledge base that go outside the norm of a standard Management Accountant role. Study support is potentially available.
You will have in-depth management accounts experience as well as a can do attitude.
• Production of monthly management accounts
• Processing monthly sales data from our distribution company and consignment partners
• Perform accruals and reconciliations
• Liaison with UK and foreign consignment partners, checking and reconciling statements on a monthly basis
• VAT returns
• Responsible for Project Cost Review meetings on a weekly basis with senior management
• Liaison with other departments to ensure that projects are costed accurately and proceed on a timely basis
• Responsible for maintaining and checking sales representatives’ commission payments in liaison with sales department
• Provide analysis of ad hoc financial information on request of management
• Stock control and regular review of possible books requiring reprinting
• Assist with budget preparation and forecasting as required
• Assisting with statutory accounts as required
• Excel (pivot tables, large volume data manipulation, look-ups, data presentation)
• Microsoft Office knowledge
• Accounts system experience
• Collaborative team player
• Part qualified (CIMA/ACCA)
• Experience of producing reporting and working to deadlines
• At least 3 years’ experience of working in an accounts department
• Access Dimensions experience
• Access database experience
• Knowledge of purchase ledger and sales ledger
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com