Newly created role within a Television Production company. With offices and interests in both the UK & US. The company has a number of labels that produce programmes over numerous genres including entertainment, factual and scripted.
The Management Accountant is a pivotal role within the team and will work across several areas of finance, with huge visibility across the business. The role will report into the Financial Controller assisting with preparing the month end alongside partnering the business with their finances.
This is a great role for someone who has recently qualified or is nearing the end of their studies and wants to work within a busy role in a great media company.
This is initially a 12 month contract with potential opportunity to go perm.
The role will include:
- Responsible for the full management accounts of one label;
- Assist with the month end duties for the main company and reports for submission to the parent company including balance sheet reconciliations, P&L, Accruals & Prepayments, fixed assets and journals;
- Manage staff and production recharges; assisting the Production Accountants to maximise recoveries within production budgets;
- Prepare the group weekly cash flow submissions;
- Prepare VAT returns for HMRC;
- Oversee distribution revenues and payaways;
- Assist with the internal & external audits;
- Monitor the central staffing costs & post payroll journals.
The Management Accountant will possess:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent); finalist close to qualifying may be considered);
- Experience gained within Television or Media would be highly beneficial;
- Proven management accounting experience;
- Self starter, highly motivated, able to prioritise and work meticulously in a busy environment;
- Driven with the will to exceed expectations and progress within your career;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to build solid working relationships around the business and with external stakeholders;
- Strong Excel; Experience of PMI would be beneficial.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org