Working for a Global Television Production company across a number of their digital entertainment projects. This is a great position working across a number of interesting programmes with reasonably sized budgets.
To be eligible for the role, you will have previous Production Accountant that has gained some great experience within a Media/Television/Entertainment business.
The position looks after a number of different productions running concurrently so you will need to be able to multi-task and work across a number of different teams.
A great opportunity to work for a well known brand and further develop your skills. This is initially a 6 month contract.
- Assist with budget preparation and review the final budget for errors;
- Produce monthly cost report pack incl detailed costs to complete, variance report and progress report;
- Control all production expenditure by coding and managing authorisation of invoices, expense forms, cheque requisitions and petty cash;
- Ensure overhead recoveries are adequate and prepare monthly overhead cashflow;
- Reconcile and clear down the production recharge account;
- Raise sales invoices and chase debtors if required;
- Open production bank accounts, ensuring proper closure at the end of the production; acting as a signatory when required;
- Set up all systems and controls to ensure processes and procedures are being followed;
- Prepare production close down report pack;
- Liaise with central finance on all financial matters particularly when opening and closing accounts.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working as a sole or production accountant on a number of productions;
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage; Excel & Word are a prerequisite;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to guide and influence colleagues of all seniority;
- Resilient, flexible and adaptable in your approach to work;
- Commercially minded with an interest in Television financing and driven towards cost saving without compromising on quality;
- Understand creative output and how this is financially supported;
- Quick thinker and able to make decisions that are viable to the business.