A well-known independent TV company is looking for a Production Accountant to join a dynamic team to report straight to the Production Finance Manager.
This role will be responsible for the slate of the productions allocated by the different areas of the business You will work closely with Line Producers / Production Managers and the rest of the team on each production to ensure the smooth running of the finance element of the production and help ensure accurate reporting of the production’s financial position. You will have full responsibility for the financial reporting of your productions, working with production execs, management accountants and purchase ledger to ensure the accuracy of the information and correct financial procedures and policies are followed.
- Manage a slate of allocated productions simultaneously across the group, with fast changing demands and prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with Production Execs and Production Managers. Meet with new production teams and ensure they are fully aware of company financial procedures and adhere to them throughout the production period.
- Help production teams with the setup and operation of their production on PMI.
- Compile and update all production finance information (e.g. production budget, cost reports, cash-flows, edit schedules) through appropriate shared files or PMI.
- Review cost reports on a regular basis, including current spend and projected costs and meet at regular intervals with Line Producer / Production Manager to correctly reflect current position.
- Prepare weekly cash flow for relevant productions with accurate outflow and realistic inflow projections.
- Invoice broadcasters and monitor outstanding debts for allocated productions adjusting cash flow projections accordingly.
- Preparation of required production information and reports for yearly (and mid-year) audit(s).
- Remain up to date with industry developments and company guidelines (e.g. expense/travel policy, payroll procedures & auto-enrolment).
- Ensure compliance with changing tax policy, specifically within the TV & Film industry, addressing any issues pro-actively in the planning stages of the production.
- Production Accounting / Assistant Production Accounting experience with a good knowledge of accounting principles.
- Experience of PMI or another similar integrated Production Management/Finance system would be beneficial.
- The ability to work independently and manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience with payroll and knowledge of current
- Awareness of the legal requirements of the production process.
- Ability to use initiative and to solve problems quickly and effectively.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org