An independent media group is looking for a Production Accountant to work with the Group Financial controller to support all the companies within the group.
This role will offer the opportunity to be responsible for the production finance management budgets and reporting for the group as well as preparing the monthly production costs.
- Hold monthly meetings with Production Managers to review cost reports
- Assisting Production Managers/Executives with budgeting and cash flow forecasts, including foreign exchange management and hedging.
- Assisting with preparation and review of individual production cashflows and consolidation into the group cashflow on a monthly basis
- Maintaining the short-term cash forecasting for Productions.
- Proactively ensuring that the company is up to date with accounting developments and compliant with accounting standards.
- Assist the finance team with the processing of invoices onto Sage accounts package as and when needed
- Monitor and review production petty cash to ensure that expenses are returned in a timely manner and processing of expenses
- Assist the finance team with the monitoring of credit cards and prepaid currency cards and ensure that expenses are returned in a timely manner.
- Review and sign off weekly supplier payment runs for all productions
- Liaise with external production accountants on key productions to ensure monthly reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Previous finance experience, preferably with in the Media industry but not essential
- Will have at least 2 years Production Accounting experience
- Have strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure with attention to detail and within tight deadlines
- Be familiar with HMRC TV and Film Guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Desired but not essential experience of Sage 200
- Confidently questions and challenges decision-makers in relation to financial matters
To apply for this job email your details to Lizzie@saucerecruitment.com