A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a growing company that is responsible for bringing Entertainment & Factual programmes to our screens. You will manage the day to day finances of the productions with wide ranging budgets, and need to be able to run a number of jobs concurrently. The company is owned by a larger organisation and requires you to manage multiple stakeholder relationships.
This role requires an experienced Production Accountant from the Television industry who enjoys working within a fast paced environment.
The role will initially be for 12 months but is very likely to be extended for the right individual.
The role will (amongst other things) include the following tasks:
- Responsible for budgets ranging between £8k-900k per Episode (Productions include co-productions, documentaries & entertainment)
- Prepare the monthly management accounts;
- Manage 2 junior members of staff;
- Run Production cashflows both internal and external in multi-currencies;
- Maintain schedules of programmes delegated to more junior members of staff, regulating their workflow;
- Oversee set-up and close of all productions, including arranging meetings at start and end;
- Produce cost management reports, ensuring full reconciliation with the finance system;
- Ensure implementation of new production accounting procedures and that they’re adhered too
- Extensive Production Accounting experienced gained within the Television industry within the UK
- Ideally fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of managing multiple stakeholder relationships
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of producing management accounts and preparing financial reporting packs
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail, organised and deadline orientated
- Proven ability of managing, training and developing staff
- Have the ability to assert personal influence and adapt your approach to fit any situation
- Able to accept delegated responsibility, use initiative and effectively train others
- A genuine interest in the Television industry.