This is a brand new role due to continued growth within this highly reputable TV, Film & Media company. This position will play a key role within the busy Royalties team with full involvement in the calculation and distribution of royalty statements and revenues to key talent. Reporting into the Royalties Manager this role will offer great opportunity as the company has ambitious growth plans that they are set to meet.
To be a successful candidate you will need to have previous, relevant royalties experience ideally gained within a TV or film company. You will be a great team player, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a want to be part of a fast paced and growing environment.
• Full administration of the talent residuals statements and payments;
• Build relationships with talent agencies – 1st point of contact;
• Preparation & uploading of gross revenue sales files to the talent system after sign off by RM;
• Develop a working knowledge of the talent system including distribution of statements, system testing & system development;
• Work with producers to collate title schedule of residuals;
• Set-up new titles in the talent system & produce title sign off document;
• Run reports from the talent system and reconcile residuals results;
• Process VAT-only invoices & VAT self-billing agreements;
• Produce collection society royalty reports (PRS, PPL, Directors UK);
• Review music cue sheets on new titles;
• Provide cover for RM;
• Maintain royalties tracker – track as reporting received. Chase or escalate as necessary;
• Assist in tracking / invoicing / reporting non-standard Royalties Receivable;
• Processing of straight forward standard royalties receivable reports;
• Ad hoc analysis of royalties receivable deals;
• Maintenance of royalties receivable software – on boarding new partners & working with digital team to improve efficiency;
• Periodic reporting for the rest of the royalties team & other departments in the business.
• Previous experience of working within a royalties department;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid working relationships;
• Great attention to detail, methodical, systematic and organised;
• Commercially minded, highly numerate;
• Strong Excel skills with the ability to pick up new systems;
• A keen interest to continue to work in the media industry and build a career within the sector;
• Great team player, adaptable and collaborative.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org