A global media company is looking for a Royalty Accountant to work on merchandise side of the business and report straight to the Financial Controller.
The ideal candidate will need to have an accounting background with the ability to understand debits and credits and producing profit and loss accounts.
Key responsibilities for the Royalty Accountant
• To extract information from a finance system with a view to determining sales, calculating income and costs, and to review these costs and reports for reasonableness, and to investigate any anomalies.
• Produce tour profit & loss accounts. Must have clear understanding of debit and credit accounting and have experience of producing P&L’s.
• Produce retail royalty statements for UK and International territories.
• Calculate and post monthly royalty accruals including true ups to actuals.
• Resolve queries received from artists, agents and other rights holders
• Deal with auditors as required.
• Assisting with month end procedures.
• Assist with bank payments review & sign off.
• IT literate and experience of different accounting software and packages. Navision and Access would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience of financial accounting, and royalties. Accounting knowledge is essential (need to be well versed in the world of debits & credits). This is not a standard royalty role (i.e. process data from a royalty system), it will involve basics of accounting.
• Experience of reading contracts in order to determine royalties, etc.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com