Fantastic opportunity to work for a leading Television & Film production company who, in recent years, has been growing from strength to strength and is now one of the leading UK Producers.
Currently with an enviable list of productions to their name, both in the UK & US, this is an exciting business to work for.
This is a part time role (3-4 days per week) for an experienced Production Accountant to work across their Scripted Productions.
The role will be responsible for providing financial reporting and accounting for the development slate and post production for the scripted division. This role will set up and manage, track and map the production budget, whilst supporting the on-location production accountants working overseas.
Reporting into the FD you will provide cash-flow management of all scripted productions, ensuring all financial/legal obligations are met.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have had exposure to working on scripted production and ideally of working on an international basis. You will need to have a bright and engaging personality and be able to work across a number of productions.
- Set up and manage the accounting systems and provide leadership/support to location production accountants;
- Operate in multi-currencies, producing cash-flow reports;
- Prepare consolidated financial cost reporting;
- Monitor day to day production accounts against budget and that cost managers reconcile;
- Set up and oversee payrolls for UK/US productions
- Provide Production payroll information for processing;
- Prepare Production VAT returns
- Prepare any required statutory accounts/legal reports relating to scripted productions;
- Ensure Group/company policies are adhered to.
- Strong previous working experience of Scripted Production Accounting within Television or Film is essential;
- Ideally exposure to both UK & US union operations;
- Working knowledge of industry VAT, Artist Payments and Film industry guidelines;
- Experience of working across multi-currencies;
- Ability to multi-task in a pressurised environment;
- Strong, confident communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective at building positive professional working relationships with Production staff, finance staff and external stakeholders;
- Competent user of Excel;
- Ability to use initiative, being able to influence others and accept delegated responsibility;
- Comfortable in dealing with the administrative aspects of the job, alongside the more interesting aspects of the role..
Please note that due to Covid-19 that this role has been temporarily placed on hold. We are still accepting applications but the recruitment process (including pre-screening & interviews) will only recommence once normal/office based work activity has resumed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org