My client, a world leading talent agency are looking for an Senior Accounts Coordinator to be responsible for dealing with agents, clients and complex queries as well as supervising 3 junior members of the team.
This position will be liaising with the Books and Translation rights departments and reporting straight to the Finance Manager. This will be a senior member of the team will be expected to with a high volume of queries.
Main purpose of job
• To provide accounting assistance to the Books and Translation Rights agents and assistants by helping with the timely processing of payments to clients.
• To be a senior member of the Client Accounts team, who can confidently deal with agents, clients and complex queries.
• The job will focus on the following aspects of client accounting: Books Department, Translation Rights Department.
• Liaising with agents and other staff as required e.g. payment queries, client information etc.
• Processing payments through our bespoke payments system for both Books and Translation Rights departments.
• Raising VAT invoices on behalf of clients.
• Credit control on behalf of clients.
• Investigating unallocated amounts received and payments on hold.
• Dealing with client’s queries, for example tax, VAT, paperwork, outstanding payments etc. via phone or email, in a timely and professional manner.
• Updating financial records e.g. Excel Cashbook (spreadsheet showing money in and out of the accounts).
• Using online banking to download bank statements, transfer money between accounts and make CHAPS, BACS or International payments.
• Financial analysis as and when required.
• Other administrative duties as and when required.
• Contributing new ideas to increase the department’s efficiency.
Experience and Skills required
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in either an accounts department or similar
• Experience working in publishing or a literary agency would be ideal.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Highly organised.
• Strong communication skills – good email and phone manner essential.
• Good team player but also happy to work unsupervised.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Experience of working with databases and spreadsheets (Excel).
• Interest in books – reads for fun!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com