This is a key role within a busy TV Production group with offices based in both the UK & US. This company compromises of a number of labels that make iconic programmes across a variety of genres including entertainment, factual and scripted.
This position will sit across a number of productions at any one time to ensure that they are efficiently delivered within or under budget. You will also oversee the freelance production accountants whilst also managing and training a junior member of staff. You will be the bridge between the production teams and central finance.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Production Accountant who has a solid understanding of Television Payroll and wants to take a step up in their career. You will be working for a leading Independent production company and it is essential that you have relevant experience gained within another TV company.
- End to end production accounting across a number of productions; assisting production teams with budgeting requirements and queries;
- Provide onsite production accounting support;
- Be the key liaison between the production teams and central finance to ensure fluidity of information to ensure efficient/accurate payment of staff and suppliers, ensuring all payments are reflected correctly in PMI;
- Oversee the contract/freelance Production Accountants, reviewing production costs and revenue accounting got all productions;
- Prepare the monthly production cost reports, analysing any variances for submission to senior management;
- Set up and maintain the cash flow forecasts for productions on PMI;
- Manage, train and develop a junior member of staff;
- Preparation of production payrolls and be the key point of contact for the payroll bureau;
- Review all production payrolls prepared by freelance production accountants;
- Review of Schedule D invoices summaries for submission and ensure auto enrolment pension deductions;
- Reconcile the payroll accounts and prepare the annual payroll reports;
- Ensure full set up and close down of accounts on all productions, ensuring clear up;
- Preparation of tax credits as required.
The Production & Payroll Accountant should possess:
- A minimum of 5 years production accounting experience gained across a variety of genres within television;
- Experience of PMI would be a distinct advantage;
- Strong payroll experience with a solid knowledge of annual HMRC requirements;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid working relationships and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders;
- Self starter, able to prioritise and manage numerous projects concurrently;
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to meet and exceed deadlines
- Great general accounting knowledge and able to demonstrate an understanding of the bigger picture;
- Energetic, highly motivated/driven with a can-do attitude.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org