An established Music Industry specific Accountancy practice is currently looking for an experienced Royalties Accountant to join their busy team due to continued growth.
Working with some iconic and well known bands and artists within the music industry this role will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of high profile clients. You will be required to work collaboratively with colleagues in the business management and touring divisions to ensure all revenue and royalties are appropriately accounted for and received/paid accordingly, ensuring the clients are happy with the serrvice.
Working within a busy and vibrant team the senior Royalty Accountant is required to have extensive royalties experience, ideally gained within music, and be able to support more junior members of the team.
– Ensure effective day to day management of a high profile portfolio of clients, to include cash flow, debtor collection, Tax etc; Liaising with label managers, business affairs etc;
– Prepare year end accounts and corporation tax;
– Interpret recording and publishing contracts/agreements to insure inclusion of royalties statements to accounts;
– Review royalty statements for anomalies and investigate;
– Liaise with clients to provide business/financial planning and tax advice;
– Prepare VAT Returns;
– Ad hoc project management.
– Extensive royalties experience ideally gained within the music or media industry;
– Strong communication skills;
– Able to influence and challenge appropriately;
– Team player with strong leadership qualities;
– Great attention to detail, able to exceed deadlines and work well under pressure;
– Able to strategically plan and execute projects;
– Professional qualifications would be highly beneficial;
– Comfortable with training and directing more junior members of staff.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com