An international TV production company is looking for a Talent Payment Assistant to support the Talent Payments Supervisor and work alongside the Finance and production teams.
The Talent Payments Team is a central resource responsible for paying contributors for primary production and their share of revenues from exploitation catalogue including third party produced programming.
The Department is the key point of contact for Production, Sales, Legal, talent unions and music collecting societies. The purpose of this role is to calculate and process payments due to contributors of productions and other third party producers.
- Make payments in accordance with the Equity, Musicians and Scriptwriters Union Agreements for both Primary & Secondary exploitation.
- Carry out weekly pay runs
- Involvement in the development of the Talent payments system, working closely with the Supervisor
- Creation and upkeep of the department system process documentation
- Make payments to programmes which are in production
- Add and update Artiste/Agent records and Artiste Contracts on the Artiste Payments system
- Process and/or cross-check input by the other Assistant
- Liaise both internally and externally to resolve any queries as they arise, passing complex / commercial sensitive queries to the senior members of the Talent Payments team.
- General Talent Payment duties e.g. un-cashed cheques, control account reconciliation …
- Work on ad-hoc Talent Payments projects as requested
- Knowledge of the production environment
- Previous knowledge of talent union agreements
- Highly numerate, strong attention to detail
- Methodical approach to work with strong organizational skills
- Ability to interpret talent union agreements
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org