Do you have 1 years accounts experience? Looking for an interesting, slightly different and varied role? We are working with a leading West End Accountancy firm who specialises in the music industry and they are looking for a junior to join their tour accounting team.
This position will see you working with a number of high profile musicians and bands helping to manage the finances of their tours and will also offers a study package!
You will need to be a confident communicator and have the want to learn whilst working within a fast paced environment.
- Daily review of the bank account and cash flows for a variety of clients, setting up approved bank payments
- Raise and post sales invoices for upcoming shows, reviewing the debtors list and assisting with the collection of monies
- Review contracts to ensure correct payments are made and received
- Maintain and reconcile the purchase ledger including liaising for payment authorisation
- Post and reconcile bank account and tour float transactions
- Liaise with record labels for tour support requests and back end reporting
- Preparing VAT Returns
- Posting credit card transactions and reconciling statements
- Previous experience as an accounts assistant (min 12 months)
- Looking to commence or already studying towards an accountancy qualification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A genuine interest in Music
- Great attention to detail, willing to learn and organised
- Experience of Sage 50 or/and Xero an advantage
- Comfortable using Excel
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.