A well-known music practice is looking for an Assistant Accounting Manager to report straight to the Business Manager and join the dynamic management team.
This is an excellent opportunity to oversee and prepare management accounts for a portfolio of clients as well as overseeing the preparation of annual Financial Statements. You MUST have In depth experience of bookkeeping and management accounts through to final trial balance for year-end statutory accounts.
- Reviewing external client deliverables
- Reviewing internal quality controls
- Reviewing quarterly compliance
- Reviewing payment transfers
- Foreign withholding tax authority applications
- Responsible for communicating with 3rd parties (external & internal) to ensure quarterly reporting and accounting deadlines are met and ensure that the expectations of key stakeholders are met
- Mentoring Accounting Associates and Junior Associates
- Manage the effectiveness of the team through increasing employee engagement, improving processes and competencies
- Development and implementation of systems for department
- Cashflow forecasts
- Liaise with high profile clients & High net worth individuals
- Liaise with Music Agencies and Management
- At least 3 years’ experience in an accounting role (Desirable: Experience in dealing with touring artists and a knowledge of music royalties)
- Qualified or near qualified ACCA/CIMA or ACA
- Experience of an accounting system such as Xero, Sage, QuickBooks or Twinfield
- Accurate preparation ofVATreturns, personal and corporation tax
- Able to manage upwards as well as downwards
- A proven record in organizing workloads and teams
- Ability to review financial statements for Sole Traders, Partnerships, LLPs and Limited companies with reference to UK accounting standards. Previous preparation of financial statements.
- In-depth knowledge of personal / corporation tax. Previous preparation of personal and corporation tax returns.
Due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.