A well-known global music business is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to report straight to the Financial Controller and Finance Director
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in the financial running and management of a major record label, providing exposure to and ownership of the P&L and strategic aspects such as forecasting and budgeting.
- Assisting the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budget submissions – responsible for updating working files, calculations and completing management packs
- Sole ownership of the financial reporting for affiliate Record Label covering month end, forecast and budget to review stage for Financial Controller
- Cost control within all departments – finance point of contact for Uniport (Supplier Payment Portal)
- Provide financial analysis and ad-hoc reporting to the Financial Controller on request
- Liaising with offshore finance team – providing coding approval, project set ups, journal approvals and more
- Point of contact within the Label for any finance queries
- To challenge and improve financial processes on an ongoing basis
- Participate in projects across the business, including business processes, policies and procedures, financial analysis and reports.
- Liaising closely with departments across the business such as Accounts Payable, Central Finance, Global Finance and other Record Labels
- Part Qualified CIMA / ACCA
- Ideally have previous experience within a music Business is a MUST
- Previous experience working within a finance function.
- Experience of month end and forecasting
- Ability to implement business and operational systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and experience working in a fast-moving environment.
- Enthusiastic, driven, with an interest in working in the music industry.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, across all levels of the business
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.