A sports media/PR agency is looking for a Commercial Accountant to join their dynamic team and report straight to the VP of Finance.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller business that is part of a larger entertainment giant and take responsibility for the Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting as well as dealing with senior commercial stakeholders.
You will need to have an interest in sports and have had previous experience working within a similar dynamic and fun agency environment.
- Responsible for Gross Profit for all international PR and Experiential projects, including period-end accounting closes for all properties
- Continual monitoring of project costs to ensure that we are staying within pre-determined budgets.
- Variance analysis of actual results against forecast.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversight of vendor payments and liaison with group accounts payable function to ensure all AP payments are made on a timely basis.
- Preparation of gross profit forecast for PR team. This involves liaising with commercial colleagues to ensure all relevant information is reflected in forecasting system
- Periodic cash-flow forecasting.
- Arrange and attend meetings with business leaders to ensure Global CRM system is up to date to track all confirmed deals plus anything in the pipeline.
- Part Qualified/Newly Qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent) is a MUST
- Confident and willingness to challenge senior commercial stakeholders
- Flexible team player with the ability to work with commercial staff across the organisation, across different territories.
- Must be able to work on own initiative to identify and resolve problems
- Hands on experience of working within Marketing/PR/Media environment
- Understanding of revenue recognition
- Experience in using SAP accounting system
- Experience of financial planning and analysis work
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.