Newly created role within independent music label for a qualified accountant who is passionate about the industry! The label has involvement with a great range of fantastic artists and works alongside a number of international partners.
Reporting into the Finance Director this position will be responsible for the day to day finances whilst managing a team of 2. It’s a varied and interesting role that will see you involved with the management team and be able to add value through analysis and process improvement.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a growing company and work with some inspirational individuals. Ideally you will have gained your experience within a music, media or creative environment but you will also need to possess a willingness to learn and develop your skillset!
- Manage the day to day finances of the company including managing a team of 2
- Responsible for the financial accounting and reporting systems
- Prepare and reconcile the monthly management accounts
- Analyse the actuals against forecasts and budgets
- Prepare annual statutory accounts, providing supporting documents for external review
- Liaise with the royalties team regarding the quarterly royalty statements, generating & actioning the payment schedules
- Business partner department head regarding ad hoc financial projects and requirements
- Review quarterly VAT returns in UK and oversee EU VAT requirements and manage the withholding tax compliance
- Oversee and supervise the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent), newly qualified will be considered
- Experience ideally gained within a music, media or creative environment
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of preparing a full set of accounts
- Proven experience of implementing and developing processes, procedures and systems
- Team management experience highly preferable
- Confident and calm under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture strong working relationships with colleagues around the business and external stakeholder
- A genuine interest in music and the industry!!
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.