Great opportunity work within a fast growing Music services company for a qualified Finance Manager to oversee and manage the operational finances.
This innovative and growing business works on an international landscape, supporting the music industry ensuring artists and publishers are represented and renumerated appropriately for their work.
This position will have the responsibility to ensure all customers are rightfully compensated and manage the day to day finances of this area. A solid knowledge of royalties would be highly beneficial.
This role would suit a candidate with a keen interest in Music, who originally qualified within practice and has since gained PQE, ideally within the music (or entertainment) industry.
If you love music this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
- Oversee the distribution of all due revenues/royalties to customers
- Effective planning and scheduling of each distribution payment producing timelines and impact analysis
- Conduct quality assurance checks on all distributions
- Monitor balance sheet reviews (Royalties)
- Optimisation and streamlining of processes, controls and systems
- Investigate and validate the reasons for any discrepancies (incl volume discounts, commission rates, taxes etc)
- Review & ensure CRM is updated in terms of Withholding tax rates & commission rates
- Attend weekly specialist taskforce meetings for all customer royalty distributions
- Resolve any distribution queries
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with significant post qualified experience (practice trained preferred)
- Experience within operational finance roles, ideally with audit exposure
- Experience gained within Music, media or entertainment
- Exposure to royalties
- Knowledge of withholding tax preferable
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Self motivated, strong team player and able to build excellent working relationships
- Commercial mindset with great attention to detail and deadline orientated
- Advanced Excel
- Experience of working in a complex working environment, including implementing strong controls & processes
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.