An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join a global media giant. This role will support the Regional Controller and the Financial Controller with corporate finance functions for selected countries in EMEA and responsibility for Intercompany activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to and busy role that will manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes for four entities and will suit someone with experience gained within a media/creative environment.
- Oversee work performed by our outsourced provider at month end, such as the review of journals, bank and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Facilitate the smooth operation of the accounts payable function, including cashflow forecasts of corporate expenses, for these locations.
- Preparation of journals and balance sheet reconciliations for our larger UK company codes, to be reviewed by the Financial Controller.
- Working the outsourced provider and the International Controller, ensure that intercompany balances are reconciled monthly and intercompany transaction comply with policy and are documented correctly.
- Play a key role in the successful audits of the financial statements of our companies in EMEA, including the audits of multiple companies in the UK.
- Working with third party providers and the regional controller, be responsible for regulatory compliance with regards to taxation in these locations.
- Work with the International Controller and other global staff to standardise policies and processes in line with companywide objectives to implement SOX and other control environment improvements.
- 3 years plus experience working within a similar environment
- Studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification (ACCA ideally)
- Strong foundation in and understanding of transactional accounting
- Experience using SAP or other ERP system
- Experience of preparation of statutory accounts
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Language ability (Spanish or German)
Due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.