n iconic TV & Film production company is looking for a newly qualified individual to join their rapidly growing finance team following a few years of rapid expansion. This business has produced a number of award winning shows for UK & International broadcasters and has a great slate of shows already commissioned for return series. In recent years the company has expanded into film production and this continues to build the company’s great reputation within the UK Production scene!
Looking for a technically strong individual who has a sound understanding of IFRS & UK GAAP, this role will allow you to gain a wide range of experience across financial & management accounting, financial reporting, forecasting, royalties and treasury.
This role would be great for an ambitious individual seeking a varied role within an interesting business. Due to their continued forecasted growth there is opportunity for the role to expand and for future career progression.
- Prepare monthly management reports, taking full ownership for overhead accruals and prepayments
- Assist with the preparation of cash flow forecasts and support the cash management of the working capital
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and quarterly review packs (to include accruals, prepayments, fixed assets)
- Prepare recharges from corporate balance sheet to productions
- Responsible for the royalty & distribution accounting and forecasting, preparing reports and analysing
- Involvement in the design of a new royalty tracker system
- Prepare & submit VAT returns as required
- Support the UK statutory & group audit process
- Prepare bank reconciliations and bank clearing account reviews
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Newly/recently qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Solid working knowledge of IFRS & UK GAAP
- Exceptional communication skills, being able to effectively influence and challenge others
- Calm under pressure, able to working to multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid working relationships
- Highly motivated, ambitious but willing to put in the effort
- Strong team player who will assist to ensure everyone meets their deadlines
- Logical and inquisitive mindset
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, V Look-ups)
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.