A global media organisation is seeking an ACA/ACCA qualified to join their controllership team, providing expert advice to the divisional FC/FDs, reviewing the month end whilst also ensuring all controls and compliance requirements are also in place. This position will sit within the events division that run on a globally across entertainment, music, sports and arts.
This role requires an individual who is technically strong and has an audit background and would be an ideal position for an individual looking to make a move into industry from an accounting practice (Ideally Big 4 or Top 10). It would also be great if you have had exposure to the entertainment industry. There will also be the opportunity to occasionally be involved in some more commercially focused work.
This is a hands on role that will have a huge amount of interaction with the business so you will have exceptional communication skills, be adaptable, super organised, be great at building strong working relationships and have a resilience to change.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a media/entertainment giant who is renowned for looking after their employees, providing a great working environment and an enviable list of benefits.
- Review month end accounts provided from all global entities to ensure accuracy and controls compliance
- Assist the events finance teams providing support and advice on any technical matters and ad hoc enquiries
- Implementation of internal controls and processes, training the divisions as required to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Identify, sign and implement necessary financial processes to support a more streamlined and automated finance process including any subsequent transfer of transactional accounting for various global entities
- Implementation of relevant accounting technical standards, preparing internal documentation to support
- Provide accurate finance data to support business decisions, preparing ad hoc management reports as required
- Interact with the SMT to support contract reviews, and the technical accounting implications
- Oversee all aspects of SOX compliance for the division, being involved in the implementation of global programs as required
- Direct & support all financial audits for the whole Events division; liaising regularly with the external auditors and consultants
- Support the teams on the timely preparation and filing of all relevant statutory audit reports
- Support & prepare FP&A reporting, supporting the Head of FP&A on an ad hoc basis
- ACA (or ACCA) qualified or equivalent with an audit background, ideally from Big 4 or Top 10 accounting firm
- Established audit background with strong technical accounting skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Knowledge of the Media/Entertainment industry would be an advantage
- Highly organised and able to work within a high paced and ever-evolving environment
- Experience of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance would be preferred
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.