An opportunity has arisen within a high growth and incredibly successful multi/digital media company for a qualified Financial Controller to join the team for a 9 month contract.
Part of a larger media group, this successful company is experiencing a period of huge growth both organically and through acquisition. A leader in its field the company is a producer and distributor of digital content across various formats, within the UK and internationally.
Reporting into the Finance Director, this position will manage a small team and be responsible for the production and delivery of the monthly accounts whilst also being the main point of contact to the Parent Company for any finance or audit related matters.
This is a varied and interesting role within a company that can offer huge opportunity for you to develop and learn as an individual. Due to the importance of this position it is imperative that you are fully qualified with a couple of years PQE and great technical capabilities. You will need to be a self motivated and energetic person who thrives working in highly creative and dynamic environment. You will be working within a close-knit and friendly team, and will need to be adaptable and willing to get involved in any tasks required.
- Oversee and review the work of 3-4 people within the finance team;
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts, delivering to the parent company for consolidation;
- Prepare and present business KPIs to management/shareholders/ parent company to include Clients, Headcount, Contracts, WIP;
- Prepare bi-weekly cash flow forecasts for stakeholders and continually monitor the cash position
- Manage the financial systems, allowing for improvements when recognised;
- Integration of any new acquisitions, ensuring internal controls are in place;
- Responsible for all accounting procedures, policies and controls, ensuring they are in line with group requirements
- Manage the annual audit process and internal audit requirements
- Oversee the monthly payroll, liaising with HR and the payroll bureau;
- Prepare statutory statements under FRS101;
- Review intercompany transactions, balances and reconciliations whilst monitoring the cash-flow and movements;
- Prepare the quarterly VAT
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with at least 3-5 years PQE;
- Solid finance experience with great technical knowledge;
- Solid systems experience essential with Excel knowledge to advanced level. Knowledge of PMI accounting systems desirable but not essential
- Good team player demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels
- Hands on, energetic, proactive, self-starter who is able to work to, and meet, tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, speed and accuracy is essential
- Sets a good example for the wider team to learn and develop from
- Experience gained within a media, ideally TV/digital production business preferable but not essential
- Strong communication skills to varying stakeholders
This is initially a 9-month fixed term contract looking to start ASAP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.