This is an interesting and varied role working for an innovative and growing publishing house that has a weekly publication in both print & digital formats.
The publication provides up-to-date, insightful and dynamic articles on a range of subjects that are relevant to their audience. This position will report into the CEO and Publishing Director and will have overall responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the day to day financial operations.
The company is looking for a candidate who has previously led and managed a small, but growing, finance team and is looking for a role within a progressive organisation. You will have a good blend of both technical and commercial accounting ideally gained within a growing media company and want to be hands on in your work.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they continue to grow and expand their offerings. You will be involved, and work closely, with the management team and will be able to take full ownership for the finance department.
- Produce financial/management information to aid strategic decision making
- Financial modelling with scenario based analysis
- Prepare and monitor revenue targets across all departments and ensure accountability
- Support the Senior Management team and business divisions with commercial growth and new initiatives ensuring targets are/can be achieved
- Ensure effective management reports are prepared, review P&L, analyse forecast and prepare/present management accounts to the board
- Develop financial reports, forecasts, budget and management accounts
- Prepare statutory statements and lead the annual audit process
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure commercial success of any brand extensions
- Improve & develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances;
- Review quarterly VAT and Tax returns
- Manage and oversee the company payroll
- Manage the banking agreements and liaise with as required
- Ideally fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) but QBE with extensive publishing experience will be considered
- Previous experience gained within a Publishing or Media company would be a distinct advantage
- Previous managerial skills gained within a finance function
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a senior management team
- Highly numerical with an analytical mind and close attention to detail
- Strong Excel/modelling skills
- Experienced in forecasting, running business models and producing “what-if” scenarios
- Excellent VAT knowledge
- Hands on approach with the ability to meet deadlines, drive change and calm under pressure
- Good analytical and presentation skills
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.