A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Production Accounting to join a leading indie TV group. The organisation has been a leading player within the industry for a number of years bringing a huge amount of well loved & award winning programmes to our screen across a variety of genres including Entertainment, Scripted, Factual & Factual Entertainment.
Reporting into the Finance Director this position will be the finance lead across all productions, managing both staff and freelance production accountants, and fully supporting the Heads of Production. You will be heavily involved in all aspects of ‘production accounting’ including proposing, managing and implementing the production strategy from a finance perspective across all group companies.
To be a suitable candidate you will need to have a wealth of production accounting experience, across a number of genres. You will have excellent stakeholder management exposure, alongside implementing and improving strategy & process.
- Manage a team of staff & freelance production accountants, to include recruitment & training
- Support the Directors/Heads of Production ensuring appropriate allocation of resource per production
- Propose, manage and implement the production strategy from a finance perspective across all labels
- Forecast the turnover & gross profit for each production to be included in the annual budget & quarterly forecasts
- Produce the working capital forecasts and management accounts for each production
- Calculate gross profit on each productions and reconcile the balance sheets
- Liaise with the bank on all financing agreements
- Manage the interim & final high end tax credit process
- Prepare all statutory account for all production SPVs and be main point of contact for the auditors
- Oversee all audits, including regional spend and covid costs for broadcasters
- Continuously review systems & processes, recommending and implementing any changes
- Extensive TV production accounting experience across multi-genres is essential, ideally including scripted
- Ideally Qualified accountant (or extensive proven experience)
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience
- Track record of managing a team and nurturing production accountancy talent
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to influence and challenge others
- TV/Film production accounting is essential
- Great attention to detail, deadline orientated and able to deliver multiple projects on time
- Excellent understanding of production payroll process, PACT/Equity agreements and tax requirements
- Strong relationships with finance teams with UK Broadcasters and SVOD platforms is advantageous
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.