Fantastic opportunity to join an award winning TV & Film production company for a newly qualified accountant. This organisation is well known within the industry and has been responsible for producing some of the UKs best loved shows of recent years. The company predominantly produced scripted and drama programmes and currently holds a healthy slate for future productions which means that this is a fantastic time to join this leading media company.
Reporting into the Head of Finance this is a varied and interesting position that will have involvement in financial control, management accounting and assisting with the production accounting.
The role will suit a candidate who is newly qualified and ideally you will have previous relevant experience within a media organisation or worked with media companies in practice. You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skill and a genuine interest to work in the TV industry and be hungry to further your accounting career.
- Assist with the management accounts including overhead reallocation, fixed assets and journals
- Assist with the year end audit, including preparation of statutory accounts and responding to audit requests for production SPV entities
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly submission of the US entity reporting pack to including P&L/balance sheet analysis and other corporate reporting requirements
- Prepare monthly/quarterly UK VAT Returns
- Manage the banking relationships
- Assist with the constant improvement of processes, controls and systems
- Prepare monthly development cost reports
- Oversee and prepare recharges of centrally incurred costs to production projects on a monthly basis
- Assist with production accounting duties and financial close down of completed shows
- Support line producers/financial controllers to drive accurate and timely cost reporting, facilitating the delivery of month end reporting packs to be incorporated into the corporate accounts
- Assist in the management of cashflow and funding requirements of assigned productions including currency requirements, recce costs, floats and drawdown fees
- Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong academics
- Experience gained within TV/Media or related is preferred
- Technically strong with a high level of numeracy
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to challenge & influence others whilst building strong working relationships
- Highly motivated, with a logical brain and an organised approach
- A flexible, pro-active self-starter
- A people person with a good sense of humour.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.