An opportunity has arisen within a leading TV & Media distribution organisation and sells and invests in a number of well-known TV programmes on a global basis. The company has been incredibly successful and has experienced huge positive growth in recent years with this looking to continue.
Working within a hard working but sociable team this role will reporting into the Financial Controller and is a varied and interesting . The client is looking for an experienced Management Accountant who has ideally gained their experience within the Media/TV industry, but other relatable industries will be considered. You will need to have solid communication skills and be highly personable as this is a pivotal role within the team and requires a lot of communication internally and to key stakeholders.
- Full preparation of the monthly management accounts to include balance sheet reconciliation, accruals and prepayments etc;
- Review variances against previous years, budget & forecast, providing detailed analysis;
- Manage complex intercompany accounts, including agreeing transactions and balances;
- Review complex deals to ensure all elements are considered and correctly accounted for;
- Support the sales teams, reviewing new contracts to ensure commission rates and revenue recognition is correctly applied to the system and correctly invoiced;
- Manage the complex factoring arrangements, developing processes and reconciliations to ensure correct accounting;
- Complete quarterly balance sheet reviews;
- Set up new customers, calculate and reviewing of profitability;
- Monthly transfer pricing calculations, UK & International;
- Prepare and submit UK & International tax and indirect reporting;
- Manage the internal controls;
- Assist with systems improvements & various projects, including project scoping, testing and roll-out;
- Assist with the preparation for the internal audit process
- Rollover and update the annual accounts.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) ideally with a minimum of 3 years PQE;
- Experience gained within TV, Media or TV/Film distribution would be highly desirable;
- Organised, attention to detail and highly motivated;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Professional, adaptable and ability to manage multiple stakeholders;
- Proven experience of managing projects and/or systems;
- Strong team player, outgoing/sociable and switched on;
- Good academics and educated to degree calibre.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.