A well- known TV production company is looking for Payroll Manager to do the Payroll for several large productions for a range of domestic broadcasters and multi-national streamers.
The company operates a monthly payroll for permanent staff in addition to several production payrolls. Volumes vary with production schedules and can range from less than 100 people at the start or end of the year, up to 400 during peak production months
You will NEED to have 3 or more years’ payroll experience and be technically proficient and possess up to date knowledge of HMRC and Pension Regulator legislation.
- To export the necessary reports from the HR and contracting database; to assess and validate the engagement, payroll, and employee data; to prepare the draft payroll and send out to all production managers, in accordance with the monthly timetable
- To liaise with production managers to ensure all the correct pay elements are processed
- To submit the gross pay for the payroll bureau to process
- To review and validate the gross-to-net reports prepared by the payroll bureau
- To liaise with the production accounting team and ensure all payroll lines and pay elements have the correct accounting software codes; to review journals prepared by the payroll bureau; to post journals to the company’s accounting software
- To calculate and process net pay advances, where required, outside the payroll timetable
- To prepare annual P11d statements of employee benefits and ensure submission and payment to HMRC in accordance with deadlines
- To prepare the annual PSA (PAYE settlement agreements) for staff entertaining and travel and ensure submission and payment to HMRC in accordance with deadlines
- To champion company process and procedure, and to enforce the timetable and cut-off points
- To prepare fortnightly submission of Schedule D freelancer earnings information to the payroll bureau; to post purchase ledger credit notes for employee contributions; to post journals to the account software for the employer contributions
- To support the management accounting team in preparing monthly reconciliations of the net pay, employer’s social taxes and pension creditor balance sheet accounts
- To forge effective working relationships with the payroll bureau, production managers, HR, and office management
- To support the company’s financial year end and audit; to prepare analysis of staff costs and headcount for the financial statements; to act as lead contact to external and internal auditors on payroll and staff cost matters
- Any other ad-hoc work as required by the Finance Director, Head ofFinance or Financial Controller
- Previous Payroll experience in a similar company is a MUST
- For this role the successful candidates will possess energy, enthusiasm, a keen eye for detail and the ability to self-organise
- The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate Excel skills are essential as the role involves large data sets(VLOOKUP, SUMIF, SUMIFS, pivot tables)
- Television production is fast paced by nature, so the successful candidate will be resilient and able to adapt to changing (and sometimes, competing) priorities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.